The Old Castle

The four-storey brick-built keep is at the northern corner, 15th century, with its 18th century dormer window, summer house dating from around 1800 in the eastern corner. The two-storey tower built into the substructure on the southern side is from the late Middle Ages. Added to and modified in 1803. - in the south-west corner of the gatehouse is the two-storey gate construction dating from 1649, made of brick with flints. Finally, there is the two-storey brick section in the east which, like the west side, was modified in the 19th century and only part of the wall is original. *

 

 

Jahrbuch der rheinischen Denkmalpflege in Nord-Rheinland, XIX. Jahrgang/1951 Die Baudenkmäler in Nord-Rheinland - Kriegsschäden und Wiederaufbau.

back

© 2021 Stadt Geilenkirchen

Barrier free

  • Font size

Folge uns auf Instagram

Die Stadt Geilenkirchen auf Instagram